Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Destroyed Iraqi T-62 - Work in progress

My T-72AV project is currently on hold because I'm waiting barrel without thermal sleeve, so I decided to start new project:

It's Iraqi T-62 destroyed near Ali Al Salem air base in Kuwait.
Base kit is Trumpeter T-62 mod.1972. Iraqi army upgraded few dozens of T-62 mod.1962 with cupola rings from T-55 with DShK. I replaced engine deck with mod.1962 version and added parts from Tamiya and Skif kit for cupola conversion.

Kit lacks welds, so I added them on few places.

Engine decks was corrected with styrene.

I also added fuel line for external tanks

Cage for light is replaced with one made from wire, because original part is to thick and incorrect.

Covers for search lights on the turret are made from sheet metal

Primer is applied, and it's ready for painting

Thanks for looking!